As the sun shines and we countdown to holidays its that time of year to start getting healthy, fit and in shape so that we can feel confident wearing our bikinis on the beach. If you are anything like me and simply dont have the time or money to go to the gym, then we have put together some nifty little tips to help you get in shape whether you are picking the kids up from school, watching TV or at work. Good luck and let us know how you got on.
1. Walking. You can burn up to 300 calories an hour, just by walking and if you increase the speed for a brisk 45 minute walk, then you will dip in and out of your fat burning zone, as well as gaining a low intensity workout.
2. Walk up and down as many stairs as you can in a day rather than taking the lift or escalators and if you really want to burn more calories and give your body a better work out then instead of simply walking up the stairs, squat and jump from two feet up all of the stairs. You’ll feel like an overly-energized 4 year-old but is works wonders on your bum.
3. Dont drive – walk or cycle instead and if you do have to drive then park as far away as you can from wherever you are going. This way you have further to walk back and forth and this will burn even more calories. Perfect for shopping or the school run.
4. Jog on the spot when you’re waiting for the bus
5. Standing up doubles the amount of calories you burn. When taking a phone call then stand. That way you can blast about 225 calories for every hour you rack up throughout the day.
6. Cut down on the amount of TV you watch so that you can make better use of your time doing something a little more healthy. If you do watch TV see how many crunches or pushups you can do during a commercial break.
7.Clean the house. Not only will you earn brownie points but cleanliness is next to godliness. You really have no idea how much of a strain you go through reaching those top shelves to dust.
8. Switch on some music and dance around your room. You’re not being judged, so who cares if you look like an uncoordinated octopus. Just get up and shake that booty.
9. Drink water rather than fizzy and sugary drinks and if you are in the office make regular trips to the water fountain. Your body cannot mobilize fat unless you are fully hydrated plus the extra trips to the toilet will increase calorie burn.
10. Use the arm rest of the sofa as a platform to perform triceps dips and tone those bingo wings. Move your feet further away from the body to increase difficulty, dip low and see how many you can do. Set yourself a personal challenge and aim to increase the number you complete every time