There are already a host of Christmas parties in full swing, but we have been contacted by several friends and family asking for useful last minute tips when preparing for their Christmas party and whether its an office do or family get-together we have some ace tips to share, but sssshhhhh dont tell everyone!
The Perfect False Eyelash application
The instructions on false eyelash strips make it sound oh so easy, but there is much more of an art to applying these suckers:
1. If you need to trim your eyelash strip to fit, then please remember to do it from the outside edge and don't cut through the lashes, always cut them at the vein. If you cut upwards you'll chop some of the lashes you wanted to keep.
2. Try to make the eyelash strip as curved as possible. One tip we were given is to wrap it around a blusher brush so that you make a circle.
3. Make sure that your eyelids are oil-free. Blot away any oil if you have naturally oily eyelids
4. One of our make-up artists suggest that you apply your mascara before putting on false lashes. Apparently it helps to harden and elongate your own eyelashes giving you a strong foundation to sit the false lashes on.
5.Stability is king when applying lashes so we recommend that you position both elbows on a table with the mirror between the elbows. This means that you can look down into the mirror to get the best possible angle.
6. If you want maximum impact then try wearing double strip eyelash extensions. A tip often used by many celebs
7. When taking the strip off peel them starting from the outer corner, pulling inward.
Longer Lasting Lipstick
Whilst puckering up under the mistletoe ensure that you are lip-ready throughout the entire party with our handy hints on how to make sure you lipstick lasts as long as possible:
1. As with most things - it is all in the preparation. Exfoliate your lips with a soft toothbrush, slap on some lip balm and then blot with a tissue.
2. Using a lip liner will help define your lips and also helps the lipstick stay on longer. Choose one that matches your lipstick—unless it's very dark, in which case go one shade lighter. Lightly trace the pencil along the inside edge of your lips, then fill in your mouth and blot.
3. Try and choose a bright or darker-shade in lipstick with a satin finish as this also helps it stay on longer.
4. Apply your lipstick of choice in two swipes. Blot a couple times on a tissue and repeat with another swipe of lipstick, followed by another blot. Do this until you score your desired colour strength.
5. Finish off with powder - lightly coat lips with translucent powder or a similarly coloured powder blush or eye shadow.
Creating the Perfect Eyeliner Flicks
I have never been that good at art, so when it comes to creating the perfect cats eyes then it fills me with fear, but alas we have been given some handy tips that makes it much less of a painful exercise:
1. The best time to apply eye liner is after your eye shadow and before your mascara
2. if like me, your hand isn't steady enough for liquid eyeliner, line your eyes first with a pencil liner, and then trace over it with liquid.
3. To find the right angle for your wing, hold a brush against the side of your nose and angle it until it points to the end of your eyebrow--that is the line you want your wing to follow.You want your wings to be as identical as possible--different lengths, widths, and angles will look off.
4, Once you have decided on the shape of your cat eye, starting midway along your lid create a dotted line close to the lash line to create the shape.
5. Looking straight into the mirror decide where you want your flick to end so that you can make it symmetrical with the other eye.
6. Use a Q-tip to create a finer flick and clean up any mistakes.
Finally a few handy tips for:
Handbag party night essentials:
1. Your phone, purse and keys (obvs)
2. Concealer, powder and of course your favourite lipstick.
3. Mini perfume, always handy to ask for a few samples when buying your perfume that you can use for occasions just like this
4. Hair ties, grips hair grips and depending on the size of your bag and how much room is left, a mini hairspray.
5. Gel cushions for sore and tired dancing feet or if you have room in your bag, I am always a fan of stashing a pair of flats in my bag.
6. Tissues and chewing gum/mints are always useful as well
Happy Christmas and we hope our handy hints come in useful for the party season