Health and Safety during Covid-19 – Clients
Last updated on 8th April 2021
- A link to an online Client Health Consultation and Covid form will be issued prior to the booking and will need to be completed within 5 days before the booking. The form covers reasons for refusal of treatment (symptoms of client or other member of household, along with underlying health conditions which are now a contraindication: (heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, suppressed immune systems etc.) or aged over 70
- The details contained in the Client Health Consultation and Covid form which are completed by all clients allows Glo and Glo therapist’s to follow Test and Trace protocols now required.
- Glo is communicating with holiday partners and clients to request that proper risk assessments are taking place at each property prior to arrival.
- Glo has a revised cancellation policy
- Glo is arranging 5 minute breaks between clients who are not from the same household to allow for the treatment room/equipment to be cleaned and room to be aired as a result treatments will be a little shorter than usual.
- Glo has revised Business Terms and Conditions which now incorporate Covid-19 health and safety protocols for both the client and therapists.
- Glo therapists will be using the Test and Trace app at all bookings.
- Clients to complete Glo’s Client Health Consultation form which covers Covid-19 for all clients receiving treatment/s
- To call or text the therapist 24 hrs before the booking confirming that any client receiving treatments has not developed any Covid-19 symptoms since completion of the consent form.
- To confirm in advance the number of guests and households attending the booking. Currently treatments are unable to be given in Scotland. .
- Each client receiving a treatment will be required to bring their own face covering. Face coverings will not be required when being massaged face down or for facials. In the event that the client does not have a face covering, the therapist can supply one and be compensated by the client at a cost of £5 per mask and payable on the day or in advance of the booking.
- Each client receiving a body treatment is required to bring their own towels. Ideally each client will need to provide two large bath towels.
- Ensure social distancing compliance at all times.
- Ventilation should be used as a control measure to reduce the risk of aerosol transmission of COVID-19 in enclosed spaces. The client to ventilate the treatment room in advance of their glo therapist’s arrival. To ventilate where possible naturally (open windows) for the duration of treatment time, use extractor fan, and not use air-conditioning units.
- That the room/s allocated for treatment/s is not a common area but a bedroom or equivalent.
- Only one client will be allowed in the treatment room at a time, unless the client receiving a treatment is a minor of there are two therapists working in one room.
- If two therapists are provided to give treatments, two separate rooms will be required and maximum guest numbers will be reduced. For smaller venues with less rooms, there will need to be enough room for therapists to set up at least 1m from each other. Massage beds are typically 2m x 1m.
- Clients to scan the therapist QR code for the Test and Trace app in advance of receiving a treatment.
- To provide own drinking water
- For those treatments where removal of clothing is required, it is recommended that the client arrive for the treatment in a bath robe or undressed with a towel.
- To provide own pen to sign the health disclaimer
- To be proactive in ensuring a proper Risk Assessment on the property/venue and that it is suitable for treatments to take place and as per the section below detailed in Property/Venue
- Treatments should take place in a property/venue where careful cleaning protocols have taken place in line with government guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-decontamination-in-non-healthcare-settings/covid-19-decontamination-in-non-healthcare-settings
- During treatments drinking water will not be dispensed by the therapist unless in an emergency situation. Client/s to supply their own water.
- That one room is used for all treatments, preferably not a common space, but a bedroom, that has been aired between treatments and where commonly touched surfaces can be easily cleaned.
- The client to keep the treatment room well ventilated (where possible naturally) open windows, use extractor fan, and not use air-conditioning units.
- Client and therapist to clean and sanitise commonly touched surfaces such as door handles, taps, toilet facilities (fresh hand towels or disposable towels), soap dispenser.
- The therapist is recommended to open all entrance/exit doors themselves to minimise client contamination
- Where possible, treatments can take place outdoors to alleviate risk of infection.
- The therapist will use couch roll instead of material couch covers
- The therapist will wipe down couch/face cradles after each treatment
- Towels will not be provided by the therapist and the client to bring their own freshly laundered towels. Failure to bring own towel will result in inability to carry out the treatment. Two large bath towels will be required per client.
- Client to wear a face covering. The face covering can only be removed when the facial starts or when face down and receiving a massage.
- The therapist will use single-use, disposable nail files or washable nail files and equipment will be sterilised between each client using Barbicide.
- Client to wear a face covering.
- The make up artist will use single-use, disposable equipment and when not disposable, equipment will be sterilised between each client.
- The hair stylist will sterilise equipment between each client.
- No blow dries will be offered.
- Client required to wear face covering for appointment.
Yoga / Pilates:
- Classes will be conducted for groups of up to 6 with mats spaced 2 metres apart if side by side and 1 metre if behind someone.
- Clients to bring their own mats, but if not possible the mats will be supplied by the teacher and will have been cleaned with an alcohol- based solution prior to the class.
- Teachers will lead classes by demonstrating at the front and will not come close to clients or do any hands-on adjustments
- 24 hrs before the booking the therapist will call the client/s (representative from each household) and ask Covid-19 health questions to ensure booking can go ahead.
- The therapist will confirm in writing no Covid-19 symptoms at least 48 hrs before the booking.
- Therapists will wear the necessary PPE for the scheduled treatment/s, ie visor/goggles, face coverings, gloves, and shoe coverings.
- Frequent handwashing (following NHS Guidelines) will need to take place by the Therapist before, during treatment (when required) and after each client, before putting on and after removing PPE equipment and cleaning equipment and environment, each time the toilet is used and when arriving at the venue. Hands will be washed thoroughly, using disposable towels to dry hands and turn the taps off.
- The therapist will use disposable single use tools and supplies wherever possible and will take a bag to place used tools in to safely dispose of them.
- Any non-disposable tools used by the therapist will always be thoroughly cleaned, then sterilised after each client.
- Before each treatment it is recommended that both the client and therapist wash or sanitize hands in front of each other.