Therapist Code of Conduct for glo pamper ltd
- Appearance – As instructed by glo – either to wear therapist's own black tunic with a glo badge as supplied by the glo, black trousers and black shoes. Or glo tshirt with black trousers, and black shoes. Ensure a smart, clean, and well-kept appearance.
- Represent glo professionally and do not disclose company information to the client.
- For beauty treatments, use only professional products and equipment: see examples below (examples below are not limited to these brands but are there purely to provide guidance):
High Quality Varnishes High quality make-up brands High quality skincare products for Facials and massage Attitude, Duri, Essie, Jessica, O.P.I, Orly, Toma Benefit, Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Clinique,Estee Lauder, LancomeLaura Mercier, Mac, Mary Kay, Nars, Shiseido Tisserand, Eve Taylor, Botanicals, Ark Skincare, Monuskin, Aveda, Babor, Clarins, Clinique, Dermalogica,Decleor, Elemis, La Prairie, Vaishaly
- Conduct business and professional activities with honesty and integrity, and respect the inherent worth of all persons.
- Safeguard the confidentiality of all client information, unless disclosure is required by law, court order, or is absolutely necessary for the protection of the public
- Respect the client’s right to treatment with informed and voluntary consent. To obtain and record the informed consent of the client, or client’s advocate, before providing treatment. This consent may be written or verbal.
- Respect the client’s right to refuse, modify, or terminate treatment regardless of prior consent given.
- Provide treatment in a way that ensures the safety, comfort and privacy of the client. Including taking care to communicate as the client requests - and take the client's lead on when to talk (avoid talking if the client is having a relaxing massage or facial treatment).
- Respect the client’s boundaries with regard to privacy, disclosure, exposure, emotional expression, beliefs, and the client’s reasonable expectations of professional behaviour. To respect the client’s autonomy.
- Refrain from using your mobile phone during the booking (other than to check the time or booking schedules / booking contact info).
- Refuse any gifts or benefits which are intended to influence a referral, decision or treatment that are purely for personal gain and not for the good of the client.
- To have a sincere commitment to provide the highest quality of care to those that seek their professional services.
- Acknowledge the limitations of and contraindications for massage and bodywork and refer clients to appropriate health professionals.
- Refuse to unjustly discriminate against clients or other health professionals.
- Exercise the right to refuse to treat any person or part of the body for just and reasonable cause.
- Refrain, under all circumstances, from initiating or engaging in any sexual conduct, sexual activities, or sexualizing behaviour involving a client, even if the client attempts to sexualize the relationship.
- Avoid any interest, activity or influence which might be in conflict with the obligation to act in the best interests of the client or the profession.
- Follow all policies, procedures, guidelines, regulations, codes, and requirements publicised by glo pamper ltd.