Glo Team Covid-19/Coronavirus Update
Friday 20th March 2020
Following the recent statement from Boris Johnson and the request to close all places of large public gatherings: cinemas, bars, theatres, gyms we wanted to update you with our plans regarding bookings. Whilst we appreciate that the country is not on full lock down, here at glo, we feel a social responsibility to help alleviate the risk of clients and yourselves contracting the illness and the need to assist with delaying the impact of the illness on the NHS, by proactively encouraging social distancing. As such this means that bookings will go ahead on Saturday and Sunday as planned, but as of Monday we are asking that we postpone any bookings scheduled to take place in March and April. We will then review this course of action in April to see whether it needs to be carried through to future months.
Once we have spoken to all clients with bookings taking place in March and April we will then be in touch to advise whether the booking is postponed or cancelled. In the event it has been postponed, you will be given first refusal on the rescheduled date. Should the booking be cancelled, then unfortunately we will be unable to pay you for the booking.
Following the Government announcement today they have advised there will be support for the self-employed as they are suspending the minimum income floor for everyone, which means every self-employed person can now access, in full, Universal Credit at a rate equivalent to Statutory Sick Pay for employees. The next self-assessment payments will also be deferred until January 2021.
To see the full statement from Rishi Sunak please click here.
We also wanted to extend our gratitude for your patience during this time. Please keep visiting our Glo Team Facebook page where we will keep you updated with news and tips that we can share with you during this difficult time.
Please keep safe and well and we are sending big virtual hugs to you all.
Kelly, Charlotte and the Glo Team
Thursday 19th March 2020
For any Glo Team members that have future booking/s scheduled we wanted to update you as to how we are currently operating at glo. As you can appreciate things are changing daily so whilst this is our current protocol, this may well change as we closely monitor Government updates and recommendations and, we will, course update you in due course of any further changes that are effecting our protocols below.
- If a client wishes to proceed and the glo therapist wants to attend the booking and neither are showing symptoms of Covid-19 then the booking will go ahead.
At this time we would like request that glo therapists use anti-bacterial hand wash before and after each appointment and equipment and treatment areas are thoroughly cleaned and sterilised between treatments. Clients should also be asked to use anti-bacterial hand wash/hand gel before their treatment.
We are consulting with each of our clients before their treatments to ensure they do not fall under any cases in which the government has advised against social contact.
This may include:
• Clients with flu-like symptoms or members of households where others are experiencing flu-like symptoms
• Those who have recently returned from other infected countries
• Those who the government consider ‘high risk’ including over 70s, pregnant women and those with underlying health conditions
- In the event a glo therapist does not wish to do the booking or is experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, we ask that you notify us immediately, follow NHS guidelines about when you can return to work and we will look to reassign the booking to another therapist.
- If a client requests to cancel we are encouraging them to postpone and to reschedule for a later date. Any glo therapist confirmed on the original booking will be given first refusal on the rescheduled booking.
- In the event of a cancelled booking and the reason falls within the following options, we will be offering clients full refunds and therefore unable to compensate therapists for any work that has been confirmed but not carried out. We are requesting that all clients give us as much advance warning as possible if they wish to cancel, so that we can notify you, and in the hope, that you can fill your diary space with more work:
- The glo therapist is no longer able to fulfil the booking and we have been unable to reassign
- The client is showing symptoms of the coronavirus
- Glo’s Pamper party partner / Holiday Partner has cancelled the booking
- The client is unable to re-schedule or postpone the event
In the case that Government requests a nationwide lockdown, bookings will also be offered a new date to postpone and if this is not possible, bookings will be cancelled immediately, and a full refund will be provided and you will be notified accordingly. In this case, unfortunately there will be no therapist fees paid.
We will be updating everyone on changed protocols via email, our website and our facebook Glo Team page. If you are not yet following us on our Glo Team page, then please do so. We will also be posting handy tips and hints as to how we can all look after our wellbeing during this difficult time.